Wednesday 9 May 2007

Man Drought

So i'm in a drought. A man drought. A serious man drought. And i'm not really sure why, none of my friends seem to be in the same situation, even if they're single it's not for lack of guys as it seems to be with me. I don't even have a crush or a friendly flirt let alone anyone i could actually see myself dating, or sleeping with. So i was thinking about this on the train on the way home yesterday and i thought well maybe i'm just walking around shut-down. Maybe there are plenty of guys for me to meet, who want to meet me who i'm just not seeing because i'm so caught up in me.

As i was thinking this i noticed a guy sitting across from me a few seats down. He was good looking in a quirky, i-got-dressed-in-the-dark-but-am-still-trendy way. And he was looking at me. With big, blue, unblinking eyes. Right at me. This in itself is unsual because everyone on the train always makes a point of not looking at each other with their ipods in, or mobile phones or books or papers to keep themselves to themselves, myself included. Yet here he was. So after catching his eye a few times as he continued to check me out i decided what the hell and i gave him a quick grin and a flirty wink. And he smiled back! So this time i held his eyes and smiled, just as we came into Box Hill station. As the train slowed he stood up and i held my breath, wondering if he'd make a move or ask for my number. Well he did make a move. He took out a collapsable white walking stick that blind people use, flicked it out so it was straight and guided himself off the train.

I was mortified! I am still so embarrassed about even thinking that he was flirting with me when he couldn't even see me, let alone flirting back. He wasn't staring at me, he was staring because he couldn't see! Immediately i glanced around to see if anyone else sitting on the train had noticed the little pantomime that was my humiliation for the week and with bright red cheeks i put in my ipod and stared out the window of the train, much too horrified to even risk catching anyone elses eye during the trip.

So i am in a man drought and considering my flirting technique, and the situations i always seem to find myself in it is likely to remain this way for quite some time.

8 comments:

The_Divine_Miss_L said...

Ooooh-I LOVE it Leah!!!

I thought you were just going to revamp your PIP blog, but this is simply marvelous!

To put links on your page go into the blog 'Dashboard'; click the 'Template' tab; click 'Add a Page Element'; when the new window opens go to the Link List subheading and click 'Add to Blog' and then when the page loads:
1) Select a title for the link list, for example mine is called 'blog this baby'.
2)Leave the number in links to show in list box blank
3)Insert the URL of the blog you want to link to into the box
4)Specify a title for the blog for which you have just entered the URL
5)Click 'add link'.

You can keep doing this until you have added all the links you want to and then click 'save changes'. Then hey presto-your links list should be complete!

Hope this helps and I can't wait to see it up and running. Sorry I've drawn you over to the dark side, especially when I am such a recent convert myself.

Mwahahah.

M
xoxoxo

123 said...

add my blog to your blog leah
love k

Evolutionary_Ghost said...

My god, it's spreading...

The blog-olution that is the bandwagon jumping that is going on.

Not the man drought.

I'm glad that I've remained in a constant man drought for the last few years at least. Sure I've kissed men on the cheek, and slept with Seb [but who hasn't really, and be honest!]

Nice to see another blog to WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME!!! Dammit, there's too many to read. I take it you're as bored as the rest of us?

I suppose it's winter, and you notice a steady climb in blog postings during the colder months.

Must be something to do with the polar ice caps or whatnot.

Nice first post.

Plus it's another hilarious, and tragic, tale of the misadventures of Leah. If your reputation is anything to go by I'm sure they'll continue to be entertaining for a long time to come.

The_Divine_Miss_L said...

Oh and Leah,

Newspop is K.S.P, not Kate (msg me if you still don't know who I'm talking about).

M
xoxox

Princess Leah said...

To both Maya and Dean, thank you so much for making me feel loved and wanted on my first post. I didn't realise just how exciting it was to get comments, now i'm checking every chance i get to see if there are any more so thanks!
Also Dean, sleeping with Seb doesn't count and i happy for you that you're glad to be in a man drought but me i can't wait for it to rain.
Kisses, L.

FortuneCat said...

I hear the blind have a heightened sense of smell. Depending on how well you've bathed since your last dig, he may have been flirting with you or just running for the hills.

Hang in there Leah, yknow what they say - when it rains it pours ;)

Bree said...

Hehe awww Leah!

That is a classic - very nice entry.

Don't worry - eligible bachelors will start arriving in herds soon (was going to say flocks, but men are more cattle-ish than sheep-ish)...with champagne bottles balanced on their heads (I am experiencing some kind of odd champagne obsession methinks).

Look forward to reading more more more!

xoxo

Princess Leah said...

Aren't you sweet FortuneCat, giving me hope that he may have in fact been flirting with me. Unfortunately i do know that he couldn't smell me (unless it was my perfume, but how would he know who's it was) because i personally have witness myself washing regularly since my return from the desert.
Thanks for the kind thoughts though
Kisses, L.